Saturday, July 30, 2011

I am now 30. And totally a real adult.

Yesterday, the big day.

I had thought about wearing a really pretty dress yesterday, to celebrate my birthday. But...I like to be comfy. And I sit in my desk chair with my legs criss-crossed up in the chair. So I decided to wear something pretty and comfy. Revolution! This skirt is so big. I love how big and fluffy it is. It's everything I want my hippie skirts to be. Plus, the bright skirt let me wear a black top, which was crucial. See, I went to lunch with the people I work with at an Italian restaurant (potential marinara sauce!) and Jen fixed the best enchiladas ever for dinner. So I needed a black shirt to protect against any possible stains, and since I wore it I was stain free. (If I had worn a white shirt, there would have been all sorts of stuff on there.) But seriously, Jen fixed amazing enchiladas and cheesy rice for dinner, and a brownie cake with peanut butter icing. I ate way too much yesterday. To the feeling sick stage after lunch and dinner. That's what I get for such yummy food.  And as for pressies, Jen asked the munchkins to think of a present they wanted to get me, asking what I liked. And Killy, the most quotable boy ever, said "Auntie likes to sleep...so let's get her a really nice expensive pillow!" So they got me a memory foam pillow (that I had been lusting over for weeks, but telling myself was too much to spend on a pillow) and I woke up this morning without my neck hurting for once. Jen and David gave me a beautiful outfit (soon to be debuted) and Mom and Dad gave me an Amazon gift card (to buy Kindle ebooks), a real book, and a pack of hair stuff. I'm so lucky...I should probably go buy Kindle ebooks.

Top - Walmart, Skirt - Jessica London, Shoes - Target, Necklace - JewelMint.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I don't know how I missed this. I blame blogger, but Happy Belated Birthday, Erin!

    I love, love, love the color of this skirt - it's one of my favorites and looks fab on you. I hope you had a fabulous birthday (it sounds as if you did), and welcome to your 30s!

    ReplyDelete