Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Everybody, Everywhere - Yellow


Today is Yellow Day for Everybody, Everywhere. I totally voted for scarves. BUT. Yellow won. And I went, "Ehh. I don't like wearing yellow. But I want to participate." I had ONE yellow piece of clothing, a yellow sleep shirt that has a cartoon bear growling on it. In hindsight, that might have been a better choice. But I was in Avenue a couple of weeks ago, and picked up a plain yellow tee for $5. You know why I don't like yellow? (On me, I mean. I love this pale lemony color of the tee I bought.) Because my skin is so freaking pale! It looks wonky all plain like this. Next time, it is definitely getting a scarf, or a cardigan, or something.

Tee and Skirt - Avenue, Shoes - Mossimo



But yesterday, I looked AWESOME. Also, in this picture, vaguely like a plus-size Kristen Stewart (cranky/unhappy, yet cool). And one of the reasons I am so awesomely cool is that my silvery white streak of hair is super shiny in this pic. I looked less awesome last night, though. I had a "sleepover" with my sister and niece. And of course I slept in my little 5 year old niece's bed with her, since she wanted me to. But her bed is a bunk bed/futon made from the spines of hell beasts. So I woke up every two hours or so, entire body achy, checked my phone (each time) desperately hoping it would be close to time for me to get up. But no. Last night was approximately 60 hours long. (My niece slept perfectly of course.)

Tank and Flip-flops - Avenue, Pants - Lands End, Earrings - Self Made, Scarf - Send the Trend

3 comments:

  1. um, you are looking especially sassy in these two photos my dear! and in my opinion that shade of yellow is lovely against your gorgeous skin. so take that!

    and the second outfit is rocking my socks off. loving the longer hair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great EBEW! I kinda wanted scaves too for this challenge - I love the color yellow, but I think scaves would have been a lot of fun to see what everyone came up with :) Thanks for sharing :D

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Blush*
    Such sweeties! Chelsea, I have been burning my brain out trying to force my hair to grow out longer. I just want to be long enough for a bun that doesn't fall down into little pieces around my face during the day.

    ReplyDelete