Monday, August 27, 2012

Bohemian Rhapsodizing

Top - Target, Tank - Simply Be, Pants - Walmart, Shoes - Dexter, Necklace - Jewelmint.
I love flowy tops like this. It's like Stevie Nicks/crazy hippie garb that also gets me compliments from all the older ladies in the office. I'm also partial to the fact that it's basically a gauze cardi without buttons, or a sort of kimonoesqe top. Big fluttery sleeves are a constant source of amusement for me.

I've recently become addicted to TED talks. I've been watching a couple short ones a day, mostly work(ish) related. I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people that actually likes the term elitist. Do you know what it actually means? Elitist: noun a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society. I happen to think that uber-smart people and super-talented people are the people who should be helping to run the country. (cough liberal cough)

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid, I would see Stevie Nicks' videos on TV and would be in awe of her floaty layers. I like the colors and two harmonious patterns of that top. :)
    You make an interesting point about elitism. The connotation of an out-of-touch, snobby attitude is common, but at its core it's about excellence.

    ReplyDelete