Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

Today I'll be re-organizing a store-room at work, so I'm in jeans and a tee.


So you get Helpful Links:
  • Jezebel has an article this week on "Where are Fashion's Gender Neutral Clothes?"  There's a pretty lively debate in the comments.  Personally, as soon as I read the post title, I thought of Star Trek uniforms!  You just can't take the sci-fi out of the girl.  I do like the idea, though.  As a teen, I frequently thrifted men's clothes because I wasn't into frilly, girly clothes.  You might have noticed the predominace of BLACK in my wardrobe still!
  • Sal from Already Pretty has the best list of tutorials, videos, and "body image musings" on this page.  You can learn how to overdye clothes, how to wear belts, how to choose your pants length, and how to flatter your figure.
  • Audi from Fashion for Nerds has a fantastic list of tutorials, too.  Just go down the page and the list is in the right hand column.  She'll help you break out of a fashion rut, find a hat, build a belt collection, and even layer skirts and dresses.
  • Lady Smaggle is an Australian blogger who'll help you DIY, posts outfits, AND will inject fun into your life with her "Why don't you..." posts.
  • And finally, a few of my favorite baking/cooking blogs: the American Not So Humble Pie and the British-born (but living in Cardiff, Wales) Mr. P of Delicious Delicious Delicious.  You can weep with food lust at their beautiful creations and start searching your pantry.  And for sheer foodie lust, spend some time looking at Tastespotting, which has beautiful pictures/links to every kind of food you would ever want to make (and quite a few you wouldn't).
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment