Monday, March 25, 2013

Meh shirt, Awesome book

This shirt has a beautiful pattern, but the cut is ehhh. I put it in my Gwynnie Bee closet hoping it would style better than it appeared, because the butterflies are so cute without being cutesy, but nope. It's was supposed to be A-line, but it's more like an inverted triangle. And that just wasn't something I ever wanted, which is really a pity since it actually has 3/4 sleeves that hit me at 3/4 length.

Evans Mono Butterfly Shell Top from Gwynnie Bee
But I got some other cute tops in from Gwynnie Bee today, and I got my copy of Aimee Fleck's DAMN GIRL THAT STYLE IS FAT!


It's a little book about curating your style and your closet. No, she doesn't say anything mind-blowingly revolutionary about either. She has the same basic tips you'll find most places, illustrated with gorgeous curvy women. Except...she does say something revolutionary. In her author's note, the very last sentence is the best of the whole book. "You are beautiful no matter what you wear - and I believe that's the most important style tip of all." (emphasis hers, bold mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment