Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pantry Queen

I go through fits of organization, plus we'd been having a moth problem in the pantry, so it was the perfect time to finish reorganizing the pantry today! Especially since the death cold has finally left me. I bought a ton of those canisters, yes, but my sister is a fantastic cook/baker. So we have all purpose flour, self-rising flour, whole wheat flour, whole wheat pie & pastry flour, sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar, etc...

Pantry + Order = Happy Erin.

The canisters I bought are fantastic - Rubbermaid Lock Its, that I got in sets on Amazon (sets with 2 of the 3.7 cups 2 of the 5.25 cups, and 3 of the 15 cups plus lids for all). I ended up with 4 sets, and used up all but one of the tiniest canisters. I...might like them a little too much. But they're BPA-free, and they have a rubberized seal at the top, which I love since so many of them have baking ingredients. Now all of that stuff is tidily contained, instead of waiting to be turned over in a paper sack. And yes, I did put labels on everything. Even readily apparent stuff, because I got in the flow. And yes, this is a total brag post. I don't even care.

2 comments:

  1. OK, now that you done bragging (you are totally justified - it's a work of art!), do you want to come to my house and do the same thing for my pantry? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, this is beauteous! I have a few canisters but need to get way more--we have these little bugs that get into the pantry semi-frequently and my lazy solution has been to just stop storing things in the pantry. Which, you know, not the best idea for long-term. Time to get some Lock Its.

    ReplyDelete