Friday, October 5, 2012

Pattern Pre-mixed and (non)-Christmas Color-blocking

Country chic
 A co-worker complimented me on this dress, telling me I was totally in, with the whole pattern mixing thing my dress had going on. The truth is, I've had this dress for years, and seeing as how it was thrifted then, it's probably much older! Trends come and go, but they're the same trends every few years - military, neon, soft fluffy stuff (ultra girly), preppy, etc. It's getting darker in the mornings now, so I might have to move inside for pictures for the fall/winter.

My little teapot necklace.
This necklace was one of the first ones I pieced together, and I still love it. "The shape of the teapot is pleasing to my eye", she said in a snobby voice.

Cardi and Top - Avenue, Jeans - Simply Be, Shoes - Dexter.
 I work at a university, and when it's a Friday football game-day, we're encouraged to dress in the school colors. But. Those include orange, which (a) I dislike, especially on myself, and (b) I don't own a single orange garment. So I just wear whatever I want, because really, I don't care about football anyway. I went to every single high school football game, since I was in the band, but I have no idea how a game is scored.

1 comment:

  1. That dress is a great thrift find and the necklace is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete