Friday, April 15, 2011

Friend Friday: Gratitude

Gracey has been doing these for a while, and I keep thinking they look like fun. BUT I kept reading hers on Saturday! I finally managed to catch one on an actual Friday, so I'm diving in.

1.  When it comes to me personally – I owe a lot of who I am to:

My mom. I am practically a carbon copy of my mama, just plus-sized. I am so grateful for the fact that my mom is a very feminist, pro-choice, liberal who has always supported me and my sister. And I am so glad that she's just as introverted as I am, so we can band together against my sister and my dad!
 
2. When it comes to me professionally – I owe a lot of who I am to:

My dad, who is incredibly pushy in the best way. My dad thinks that I can do anything, anything, if I put my mind to it. He's my biggest cheerleader, and when I've lost out on jobs, he always tells me that the company is the loser for not hiring me. He gives me confidence.

3. When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots: 

I have learned so much just from reading bloggers like Sal (Already Pretty), and Lady Smaggle (Smaggle Style). Some of the bloggers who've been very supportive of me are my favorite girl Erin (Work With What You've Got) and the lovely Rosin (Dolly Clackett) and my (non-fashion but totally supportive) girl Rmb (Whats That?!).

4. One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me stronger was… 


Luckily, I haven't really had any big problems...other than getting used to taking my picture!

5. To my readers, I’d like to say… 

Dear Lord, I can't believe you guys came! And stayed...and are still here! I mean, we all know I'm fascinating, but sometimes the pictures have gotten ROUGH. I just want to let you know that it seriously makes my day when I get a comment on a post, so thank you for making me blush and laugh and smile.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm so pleased to see another fellow plus-sizer particpating with FBFF!

    Your mother sounds wonderful! Feminist, pro-choice -- my kind of lady! :)

    Joy

    ReplyDelete