Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dress Your Best Week- Day 4

Day 4 - My curves!  All of them, including my smile!
I'm curvy.  EVERYWHERE!  And that's a good thing.  Even though I don't want to have children (and plan not to), I like my childbearing hips.  We've been over how much I love my chest in plenty of previous posts.  But when you look at my body, it's pretty damn hard to find a straight line.

My sister says that this picture is the most...realistic?  Anyway, she says this is what I look when I smile in real life.  You might notice that I almost never look like this when I'm "smiling" in a picture.  Even after a few months of deliberate picture taking for this blog, I still get fairly tense when a camera swings my way.
 Most of the day, I wore this dress (Chico Traveler's, baby!) with my Lane Bryant tee, but I got hot moving around all the books the recently graduated kids returned, hence it's removal.
Return of the awkward smile!

2 comments:

  1. OK, check this out. What if you got a camera with a timer on a tripod? Now hear me out. I think the reason you can't get a good smile is because you feel self-conscious having someone behind the camera. But what if no one was there? What if you could just do it in the privacy of your own mind, and make up little stories for yourself while you were waiting for the flash about how it's an awesome day and the sun is shining, and there's a new episode of 30 Rock coming up?

    Anyhoodle, that's my theory. You also look outstanding in this dress. Yes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. And when I get the cash for a tripod, that is so going to be my next move...

    ReplyDelete