Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 1


This is how my mom LOVES my hair.  (And I have to admit that I like it, too.)   Down and super wavy, with errant curls.  But my problem hair has decided that it will only do this in the best of conditions.  And if I swing my head around too much (like if I am busy doing actual WORK) it will POOF up and frizz.  So, the magic conditions are: wash hair - do not condition - work through some Softee Indian Hemp Scalp and Hair Treatment (yes, this is for African-American hair) - and let it air dry.  I don't know about you, but I usually don't have time to let my hair air dry.  I have a 45 minute trip to work, but since I carpool with my mom, I usually sleep then.  Sleeping does not equal amazing air dried hair.  It tends to get a little flat in the back!


This is what I wore yesterday for Thanksgiving 1.  AKA Thanksgiving at my brother-in-laws parent's house.  It was good, but of course Thanksgiving 2 today (AKA ours at Jen's) will be better!!!  (And not just because I'm fixing part of it.)  But you wanted to see my jewelry?  Including that new necklace?  I couldn't deny you on 2nd Thanksgiving!


Isn't it awesome!  The pendant is made of plastic, not an animal tooth, but I still feel very fashionably up-to-the-minute (and very much like Love Erin).

Top - Avenue
Cardi - Mossimo
Pants - White Stag
Shoes - old knockoff Crocs

No comments:

Post a Comment