Monday, February 21, 2011

30 day photo challenge - Day 26


Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.

 This is so superficial. Like, beyond what I truly want to admit. It's my hair, okay. My hair means A LOT to me. I've had it cut professionally three times in my whole life, and all three times have been a disappointment. (Actually, the first two times made me cry.)  I trust my mama and my sister to cut my hair, no one else. And I'm trying to grow it back out, to this length at least. The third salon time, this summer, I ended up with these funky layers that ended up not sitting well, especially when I didn't go back every month for a trim. Time has shown me that my hair looks best in an at-my-shoulders-or-longer blunt cut. It doesn't matter that it's wavy, or incredibly thick. Layers or thinning layers or whatever. I am not good with styling my hair, either, so I need something this simple. If it's nicely cut, I can do something pretty like this (a sort of crazy hair homage to Helena Bonham Carter), or braid it in thick ropes. One thing that scares me most about my epilepsy is the fear that it might get bad enough in the future to necessitate one of the implanted brain chips...and to implant them they have to shave part of your head. Seriously, that's the kind of stuff I worry about in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. I have a huge head, but not one that looks good with super-short hair. I tried it, and it was not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment