Thursday, February 10, 2011

30 day photo challenge - Day 18

Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.

I know, you're totally expecting a picture of me with some awkward expression.
But.
My biggest insecurity, the thing I feel the most cringe-worthy about at this time in my life; it's the fact that I don't have a full-time job.



I have a Masters in Library Science. While I was getting my graduate degree, I had a full-time job, benefits and everything. 
Then I moved back to Virginia.
And there was a total dearth of jobs in my field. I went almost a full year without any work. I work part-time now, no benefits. I like my job...BUT. I feel embarrassed telling people, "Nope, still part-time. Nope, that interview fell through." I know, I could look wildly outside my field. I could work in fast food, I could do lots of stuff. But I don't have that many expenses (don't drive, live at home) and...I want my education to MEAN something.

Please don't flame me for this, I will cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment