Thursday, July 5, 2012

So pretty it makes me sleepy

Shirt - I have no idea, Pants - Avenue, Shoes - Dexter.

There are times in my life that I don't feel sleepy. Like..um...vacations. Other than that, I'm pretty much sleepy. I take a lot of medication for my epilepsy, and a side effect for all of the varying pills is sleepiness/being tired/a general malaise. It doesn't help that I've always needed a lot of sleep. I was never one of those people who popped up after 6 hours all perky and refreshed. Without a good 8 hours, I'm pretty much useless. This also means that I tend to get cranky early at night. Early for a non-elderly grownup, that is. I hit 10pm, and I start thinking that everyone else is a bit of an asshole. So, I have very little time for a life. I work (and commute, biggest part) 11 hours of the day. I get home around 6 or 7pm. So I have 3 or 4 hours every night to do stuff. Consequently, I really treasure my weekends. If you get one of my weekends or nights, it means that I really think you're special. Also, writing all this out has made me realize once again that being a grownup and having a real job really sucks.

4 comments:

  1. lol. This post made me laugh. Unless it wasn't supposed to then it totally didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider myself always funny. Especially about things that are maybe not supposed to be funny.

      Delete
  2. Awwww!!! I really know what you mean! I don't have a huge commute (thankfully) and I understand just how much of a big deal having down time is (being the mother of a special needs child will do that to you). So believe me when I tell you: Inviting friends over & falling asleepin at 9:30 (!!!!!) on a Friday night is mortifiying. But you're not alone. :)

    Ps. You look fabulous in this picture -albeit (undersandably) drowsy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I miss just being a kid and running around and making a mess! Now every time I make a mess, I have to clean it! LOL!

    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete