Thursday, January 19, 2012

Repurpose

It was a sad closeup...
I know I must have some readers that are as super-white as me. I'm sort of sad that I don't have cute freckles, but with dark hair like mine, you don't often get freckles. I'm in front of our outside door and yes, we haven't yet taken down the Christmas window decoration/flag thing, so that's Mary, Joseph and some doves peeking over my shoulders. I almost never wear this industrial necklace (self-made!) even though I do like it, simply because it dangles fairly low and thus requires a low round neckline. But this looks pretty good! I got the best compliment on this necklace from a random old redneck man, by the way, who recognized my re-purposed washers/little gears and thought it was pretty.
 

Sweater and Boots - Simply Be, Pants - Denim 24/7, Jewelry - Handmade.

6 comments:

  1. Me! Me! *waves* I am superwhite! Haha. Although I have access to sunshine year-round so I do currently have a faintly golden glow about me right now...
    I have to use baby sunblock though so I don't burn. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, you're just as pale as me! You must have to slather that sunblock on to keep from being a lobster there in Hawaii, you lucky girl!

      Delete
  2. Love the necklace! Great unique piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it didn't take long to make at all!

      Delete
  3. They say everyone always wants what they don't have, but I've always wished I were either super pale or super dark. I think pale skin is just beautiful. And that necklace is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you're so pretty golden! I pretty much love every skin tone but white girl ultra tan, but I have to admit a love for bi-racial. If I ever steal a baby, it will definitely be a bi-racial one! (Cause obviously, I'm not having one anytime soon.)

      Delete