Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Birchbox!

I've decided this cardigan is my equivalent of a puffer vest.

 So, Birchbox is fancy beauty samply company. You pay $10 a month and they send you 4-5 samples of fancy schmancy stuff. I read about it the Wall Street Journal while looking up other stuff, and I was intrigued.  (A better article is the NY Times one.) $10? I spend that much every month on beauty stuff, and definitely not fancy stuff. The company is woman run, and considering I just got my first box, I thought I would show it to you. When you sign up, you fill out a beauty profile so they know what kind of samples to send you.

The inside of my Birchbox!
Pretty, huh? I got a mini Larabar in Cherry Pie, that pretty nail polish (Zoya brand in Kristen, a bluish gray), a teeny-tiny lip gloss in the brightest pink ever (Jouer in Birchbox Pink, which is supposed to go on sheer for one coat, but I didn't try it yet), a Juicy Couture perfume sample (alright, but not exactly my taste) AND my favorite haul, the one I would have happily paid all $10 for VMV Re-Everything Eye Serum. A full size bottle of this serum is $80 for 30ml and I got 12ml along with everything else for $10?! Craziness and fantastic.

Every month has a theme and January's theme was new beginnings...not truly expressed so well in my box, but I do love it. Also, if you buy any item from any of stuff sent out January (not just what was sent to you in your box), you get free shipping. If you buy over $50, you get free shipping. Any other way, it's a whopping $5 flat fee.

So go on, if you like getting little fancy samples in your mail for the price of a nice lunch every month, sign up. Trust me, you're nice and you deserve a treat! Click on the link below to sign up (and give me some points)!


No comments:

Post a Comment