Monday, January 23, 2012

Bits and Pieces and Nails and Socks


 Two weekends ago, I bought a brand-new set of living room furniture for the upstairs. It is completely gorgeous, and had the added benefit of making me feel like an actual grownup. I got a big couch, a nice chair, and a loveseat (or as my niece calls it, a love chair). I have banned the munchkins from using markers while sitting on them/eating on them/wearing shoes on them. Due to awkwardness and previous spilling, I've also banned my sister and mother from drinking wine on them. You can think I'm harsh, but I spent almost a paycheck on beige corduroy, and I'm going to try and keep them clean for at least a month!



 This nail polish is by Zoya, and it came in my Birchbox for January. I'm not fantastically excited about the color - I generally like much darker or just a hint of color - but so far I haven't had any chips, and I'm three days in. This is a miracle! My sister says it's due to the Sally Hansen top coat she used, but I'm just happy they didn't chip immediately.



Mia and Tia, I know you both will be completely enviously of my lovely fluffy socks from Sock Dreams! They're the Space Dyed Terry Shorties, and they are so nicely warm and adorable.

Sweater - Target, Pants - Lands End, Socks - Sock Dreams, Shoes - Earth Spirit, Nail Polish - Zoya, Necklace - self-made.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man those fluffy socks look awesome. I love warm fuzzy socks in the winter.

    Also, that nail polish color is fabulous.

    Hurray for new furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combination of your outfit. It soothes me and would make me want to snuggle up to you even if you weren't snuggable Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, you MUST have been able to feel the envy waves in advance, because they are seriously emanating hardcore from the top of my head right now. Also, there's something I really dig about your first photo up top. I can't stand the texture of corduroy, but I hope you enjoy your furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally my sexy look that you dig, isn't it? And my fluffy socks bring *all* the ladies to the yard.

      Delete