Friday, February 25, 2011

30 day photo challenge - day 28

Day 28 - A picture of something you’re afraid of.





I'm slightly agoraphobic, actually looking at that definition more than slightly.  Wide open spaces (as well as many of the other agoraphobic issues) freak me out. So, living in Kansas was severely odd. Particularly when I was moving from the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia to Kansas. Where I live now (and grew up, as well) you can't see for more than a mile without a hill or mountain or TREES being in the way. And Kansas...except in suburban areas, Kansas doesn't really have trees, or more properly it doesn't have forests like Virginia does. It has farmland. Lots and lots of farmland, all on the way to the university where I got my MLS. Fields of soybeans as far as the eye could see. AND YOU COULD SEE ALL THE WAY TO THE FREAKING HORIZON. I like small spaces. I've had several MRIs because of my epilepsy...and I've fallen asleep during them. I like being inside, being where I can see everything that's going on and everyone that's there. Basically, this picture is a freaky sort of picture to me because there is NO WAY TO ORIENT YOURSELF. You are in a field, and that's all there is for miles and miles and miles. Do you need a soothing nature picture now? I know I do. Ahh, tree covered mountains...


No comments:

Post a Comment