Thursday, February 2, 2012

Old Crow, headbands, and tunics


I prefer these 50's style cloth/elastic style headbands so much more than Alice bands. When you have a big ole head, Alice bands press super hard behind your ears, and leave marks. At the moment, I'm listening to a long playlist of Old Crow Medicine Show. My boss thinks it's a little strange that I almost constantly have my headphones on, but I have a tendency to lose focus if I hear conversations near me. So if I just have some music on in the background, that takes care of it.

Also. why aren't there more well-made tunic shirts? I would like an embarrassment of tunic shirts to pick from. Ones that are big enough in the bust AND the hips, without just being a box or making me look like I might be pregnant. Really, you can just add a tie-back string and that solves a great many problems. Or simply make them with a large bust area, smaller waist area, and a-line area to go over the hips lightly. Like all those teeny mini dresses you make in the junior section that I can't fit in (but with hip room). I'm full of brilliance, you know.

Sweater - JMS, Pants - Denim 24/7, Boots - Viva La Diva, Necklace - JewelMint, Headband - borrowed from my sister.

1 comment:

  1. Someone should give you a grant to make Better Tunics for All Humankind.

    Also, those are called Alice bands? I learned something new today! I have a smallish head, and they still kind of press behind my ears (and also compete with my glasses arms for space). Too bad they're so cute...

    ReplyDelete