Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What, this necklace?


I love this necklace. It makes me feel so badass, like I could twirl it around and smack the tar out of someone horrible. (Instead of what would really happen, which is a high probability of smacking my self in the head.) It's also a little bondagey...to the point that my boss has commented on it when I've worn it! I am more on the sub side, but I just opened my eyes REALLY big and played dumb. Don't you love multi-purpose jewelry?

So...I have a confession for ya'll. Because I need some reassurance here. I joined OkCupid a few weeks ago. AHHHH. I have a few guys that I'm somewhat interested in meeting, that I'm messaging. But. I'm a huge introvert with an anxiety disorder. The mere thought of meeting someone new, in person, is somewhat terrifying. Also, I am apparently much more attractive to twenty-somethings that I thought. (I'm 30, but lots of guys 22-28 are checking me out. One of the guys that I'm talking to the most is actually 22.) I posted a few full body shots, and listed myself as "full figured" because I don't want to get into any conversations about how I'm bigger than they thought. I don't do that. I also had a grown (!) man try to start a conversation by telling me that I had "nice boobies". Did he hit his head and suddenly become 12? So, I just need some people to tell me to breathe, because I keep forgetting...because I have a horrible track record with guys and I have no idea where this is going.

Cardigan - Avenue, Shirt - Avenue, Pants - Denim 24/7, Boots - Viva La Diva, Necklace - JewelMint.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for bad-a** accessories! :) And yay you for taking the plunge into online dating. :) My experience with online dating was very positive -- that's how I met the Mr. I hope you can find ways to enjoy the process. And if anyone tries to get fresh and start the conversation with "nice boobies," just smack them with your necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha! Just breathe. If guys come to you with ridiculous comments, it's best to have a policy in place. Block people and don't feel guilty. Warn them that their comments are really inappropriate, and then block them if they don't modify their behaviour accordingly... and don't feel guilty.

    I met some really cool people online dating, and although meeting them can be scary, it can also be really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete