Thursday, February 25, 2010

words CAN bring me down



So, byhillary had a post today that was Words can't bring me down. Dude, she so does not have my life! I just got confirmation that I didn't get the job I interviewed for. I still have my part-time job of course, so it's not like I'm going to the poor-house. And this job would not have filled me with incandescent joy. But still. I want a full-time job! (angry breathing...) I have a freaking MLS. I've worked in libraries for 10 years (yes, I started as an undergrad). And what I need are some damn benefits. My insurance rates are hella expensive, due to my epilepsy ($702 a month). I don't need a job with a huge salary, just a little decent one. I just want some frigging help with this insurance. My father, a very sweet man, was on the phone with me when I read the email that I wasn't being called back for another interview. And he cursed! True, he only said "that's shit", but my dad never curses. Never. My mom, she's got a mouth on her, especially in traffic, but not my dad. So, not only am I depressed by the news, so is my whole family. And to top it off, I get to go in to work tomorrow!



(Angry Face doll from here)

7 comments:

  1. It is a song lyric not a sentiment for my life. I wouldn't even being to assume you know anything about my life as I wouldn't about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I think we need to have our movie-pity-party for sure this weekend! Maybe I could come over and watch some Castle - snarky Nathan Fillion will help, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that totally SUCKS! Man! Super lame! Also, those are exorbitant rates for insurance. I really hope you keep looking because you deserve better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, hillary? I'm truly sorry that I offended you. I meant my post title to be lighthearted, not any sort of attack on you. That I did it at all was a little tip of the hat to how much I respect and like your blog. Again, I'm so sorry that you were hurt by my reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sorry about the job situation. i know how stressful looking for a new place of employment can be. take comfort in the fact that that job probably wasn't meant for you and something more perfect will be coming your way. i'll keep my fingers crossed that something even better comes along!
    might i suggest a cup of hot chocolate, something good & trashy on tv & a cuddly kitty to take the edge off this annoying day?
    feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know what you mean. "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" - this allways felt so wrong to me. i've always hated beeing told off and sometimes even advise meant kindly hurts me so much feel like crying!

    ReplyDelete