Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's in YOUR purse?



The purse that I use is a leather purse, passed down from my mom. It's this gorgeous reddish brown, and since it's old, it's got that nicely aged patina. The way I organize my purse is a fantastic way that I unabashedly stole from another Erin. Little bags inside the purse! All you do is separate out your stuff by category, then pop it in little bags, and stuff them into your purse.

First we have my lip bag over my makeup bag. I have tons of lip gloss, chapstick, and even a few lipsticks.


Next are my two grab bags. The top one has lotions, hand sanitizer, bandaids, and the like. The bottom one has "things that go in my mouth": mints, medicine, etcetera.


Next, my ipod and headphones bag, and my wallet. Pretty self explanatory.


And last, my time of the month bag and my keys.


I keep a lot more in there, like a book, juice, my cell phone (in an outside pocket), but this helps me find what I'm looking for much quicker than I used to! How do you organize your purse? Or do you not even try?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's incredible! I have been thinking about getting a small interior purse that has just the essentials, because I switch back and forth from a normal purse to a bookbag for school a couple of times a week. I assumed it would be too bulky, but I love the ideas I'm getting from the variety of sizes you use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great idea!!! i have a big tote/purse too, but i tend to keep it empty-ish(in case i have to squeeze in a few extra diapers or snackies or something). i think i might totally try this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started carrying around ONE grab bag, but it's full of all sorts of things... TONS of lipstick/lipgloss/chapstick, a nail file, time of the month stuff. What I really need to do is add an additional bag or two and I'd be way more organized (and less embarrassed rifling through tampons to find my favorite lipstick, haha!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, it's such a fabulous idea! I wish I could take credit for it, but it's all from Erin on http://workwithwhatyouvegot.blogspot.com/ , and the entry where she talks about it is http://tinyurl.com/yceu9ov .

    ReplyDelete