Sunday, February 7, 2010

Perfume Love

My sister has a perfume that she loves and has worn for over half her life now, although it's been discontinued for almost as long. She has tiny tester bottles stocked up in her basement that she's bought off eBay. She's just started to incorporate a new perfume into her life, after going through a lengthy sniffing/testing process in stores. Me, on the other hand, I've used tons of different perfumes. You could call me a perfume slut, if you want to be catty about it. I use cheap perfumes (ooh, horrible me!) because if I just don't care that much about perfume to pay a ton for it. But I wear perfume every day and I have for years, unlike makeup...yes, I just noticed the weird flaw in my plan there. I guess the truth is that I'm just cheap! I've used lots of lavender scented perfumes, light men's colognes (this drove my mom CRAZY), "hippie" type scents (NOT patchouli, yuck), you get the idea. Basically I don't like floral smells, or very heavy/musky smells. I like a light perfume. There are three companies that I've been using: Bodycology, The Healing Gardens, and Skin Below The Chin. With Bodycology, I've used Vanilla Cupcake and Vanilla Buttercream. For The Healing Gardens, I've used plenty, but right now I have Lavender and Green Tea. But my favorite at the moment is Skin Below The Chin's Lime Basil with Anjou Pear and Citrus. This is a random little body mist that I found at Wal-Mart, and it smells delicious.




Do you have a favorite perfume, or do you switch around like I do? Let me know.

4 comments:

  1. if price is no object, i really like the first two scents that sarah jessica parker did (i haven't smelled her newest one... other than in the march issue of glamour). macy's usually carries them if you want to sample before you buy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I like patchouli. Well, to each their own.

    I've only started wearing perfume recently, I got a bunch of samples when I bought my boyfriend cologne. It's surprisingly sort of a luxury or something to wear. Once I'm done with my samples, I'm gonna dedicate myself to a scent for a while.

    Don't worry. It won't be patchouli.

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the patchouli comment Ms. Dirty Hair Halo! Where I live, the smell of patchouli summons up visceral memories of *actually* dirty hippies. I love hippies, but I love the ones who don't smell like armpits/patchouli the most.

    And RMb, I have to confess, I've never smelled any of SJP's perfumes, so I'm at a blank. I shall merely congratulate you for knowing what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sjp's first perfume (lovely) was a bit floral & since you said you're not so much a fan of those types of smells, you might not like it as much as her second scent (covet). that one is a bit more fruity, yet fresh.

    two of my other favorite scents (i think they make them as body sprays, but i really love them as hand soaps) are from bath & body works: in their spa/aromatherapy collection, check out the jasmine vanilla (sensuality) and the eucalyptus spearmint (stress relief). oh so good!!

    ReplyDelete