Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Work pajamas

T-shirt - Avenue, Pants - White Stag, Shoes - TOMS, Necklace - Send the Trend.
Since, sadly, my workplace doesn't have a pajama day, I work around it. This outfit is as comfy as pajamas, and it's actually what I'm planning to wear on the flight to Minneapolis when I go for a conference next month. It also satisfies my Johnny Cash/Man in Black dress-up love, so it's a two-fer of an outfit. Also, my lariat necklace is as cute as can be, while also being classy-simple. This is a good outfit, like yesterday's. I might have to institute a ratings system, or at least a Pass/Fail, so that I can cull my wardrobe of clothing that technically fits, but doesn't actually flatter or make me happy.

I've also decided that all makeup sucks but lip stuff. (I reserve the right to change this decision at any time, of course.) I can look better in it, but it is such a hassle to put on and take off, and I've never been able to find a foundation/tinted moisturizer that actually matches my skin tone. Also, no matter what I use, between my eyebrows gets dry. So, I ordered a set of Joeur fancy-schmancy lip glosses from Birchbox, because I have a sample one that is fantastic and has lasted forever. It's a scary-bright pink, but goes on beautifully my-lip-color-but-better sheer without being horribly tacky. Lesson to take away from this: Joeur makes a good gloss.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm going to Minneapolis for a conference next month too! It would kind of blow my mind if we ended up going to the same one. (APRA?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MIA WE ARE BOTH GOING TO APRA!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! (if you couldn't tell.)

      Delete
    2. Hahahahaha, holy crap, that's hilaaaaarious. We have to meet up!

      Delete