Sunday, April 17, 2011

Now make sure you watch me, people!


The choir leader at church had to be gone this Sunday, so I directed the choir. So I needed an outfit I looked good in from the front AND the back. No, I don't have a music BA, but I have (I think) the most practical musical knowledge of anyone in the choir. And I'm willing to get up and conduct! I was in band for around a decade, various choirs (high school, college, churches) since I was 16, and basic conducting skills just got assimilated. But the one thing most people don't know about conducting: it takes a whole lot of arm strength! Next time your favorite song comes on, try moving your arms directly in front of you, in time with the rhythm, for the whole song. My arms are always sore the Sundays I direct.



Top - JMS
Pants - 24/7
Crocs
Necklace - JewelMint

No comments:

Post a Comment