Friday, June 11, 2010

Beach 1

So yay, I'm writing to you from the beach! (the town of Avon, on Hatteras Island, NC to be precise)

Here's a list of things I've done so far (with some random photos) :

1. Before starting off from home, I walked into the edge of our kitchen's swinging door, resulting in a
(little) fat lip.
Me at Hatteras Lighthouse

2. Had FANTASTIC sushi on the way there at a random restaurant in Raleigh!
Dude, I totally had the sushi! Now where can I get it in the ocean?

3. Ripped a jellyfish off my poor little niece (much wailing, sobbing, and liquid Benadryl required).
Yes, from this little cutie!

4. Bought beads! Specifically, sea glass!
Okay, my sis and bro-in-law are WAY TOO CUTE!

5. Tormented my niece and nephew with the jacuzzi tub before it got full enough. (Jets shooting everywhere, a six-year-old boy jumping up on the edge of the tub like a monkey...)
She doesn't know what's coming....

6. Slept, slept, slept!
Aren't we a couple of cuties?

7. Eaten a ton! (My dad turns into a Jewish mother, and tries to force feed everyone multiple times during the day during vacations.)
I''m a movie star!

8. Gotten a heat rash on my thighs from wandering around Ocracoke Island looking for a store my mom wanted, that ended being VERY rinky-dink.
And this is the crazy face BEFORE walking around so much!

9. Went thrift-store shopping and got a pair of Born leather shoes for $4 that were probably in the $70-90 range originally! (Just a little wear, enough to look comfy.)
You can barely see them, but there are the shoes!
 There will be more to come!!

2 comments:

  1. Erin, your bathing costume is SO CUTE! Also, good find on the shoes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word what a super fun trip!!! Your bathing suit is really truly adorable, and I'm so happy for you about the Borns! I LOVE MINE.

    ReplyDelete