Sunday, October 9, 2011

Never near the face


With my coloring (supah-white with rosy cheeks) this...greeny-yellow color could never be worn near my face, for fear of questions about when my attack of bilious plague was going to be over. BUT. I actually quite like it as a skirt.

I promise I have hands.
If I add a black tee-shirt and blazer (listen, with short arms, most blazers are too long), then the color is allowed to pop on it's own, not contrast weirdly with my skin. My niece and nephew were very complimentary about my necklace, too, telling me how I could use it as a weapon if I needed to. I have friends that call this my bondage necklace, and I admit, it does look a bit like a leash. But I like the fact that it's a combo between a choker and a big statement necklace. The neckline of this top wasn't looking right with some of my other "big" necklaces, but I wanted something dramatic. The chain on this is thin and light enough that it lies flat while also offering a big POW.




Skirt - Urban Nomad, Top - Walmart, Blazer - Walmart, Shoes - Dexter, Necklace - JewelMint.

No comments:

Post a Comment