Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It is possible that I am a superhero...


Or at least I frequently pose like one. Arms on my hips, feet shoulder-width apart. The dippy look on my face can be excused by the early time of day that I take these pictures at, but the superhero pose...well, that's just come about naturally. And maybe because I can't find anything to do with my hands. If I'm not being a superhero(ine), then I'm either balling my hands up into fists or flicking out my pinkies like a deranged tea obsessed Brit. Needless to say, I can't seem to control my hands in pictures. IDLE HANDS MAKE BIZARRE PICTURES. It's a lesser known proverb. I can stand straight, mostly smile or at least not look wonky all the time. But some part of my body has to express the unease I still feel at having my picture taken almost every day, and that seems to be my hands. Does anyone else have this problem, either with their hands or another body part?


Top - Avenue (thrifted), Pants - Avenue, Shoes - Target, Earrings - self-made.

1 comment:

  1. Criminey, I have this problem all the time. My hands seem perpetually glued to my hips in pictures, especially if I don't have a prop (scarf, etc) to play with. I'm thinking of instituting actual props in my pictures just so I stop being hand-self-conscious.

    I enjoy the purple/black combination! I don't have nearly enough purple in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete