Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Let's Play Grownups

Quick: in one of these pictures, I look like more of a stereotypical office worker than in the other. Guess which one. If you guessed the second one, you win the prize! I forgot to post on Tuesday, so I went to post a two-fer today, and the differences between the two pictures really struck me.

Tuesday
 In both, I'm wearing a cardigan over a t-shirt, pajama-style dress pants and socks (I wore my rain boots both days outside). But on Tuesday, the look is much more boho than Wednesday's classic business. The soft, flowing lines of the cardigan match my wavy hair, and a repeated dusty pink enhances my skin tone.

Wednesday
Today's red/black combination works with my skin in a different way; more of a Snow White contrast. And with my hair back in a bun, and the cleaner, more blazer-like lines of this cardigan, I have a more conventional business look.

Obviously, I'm not going to say one is better than the other. I'm the one wearing both of them! I just thought it was worth looking at how lines and colors can make big differences, even when you wear the exact same pieces of clothing. And let's face it, I have a TON of cardigans and pajama pants!

Tuesday: Cardigan - Simply Be, Shirt - Avenue, Pants - White Stag, Socks - Target.
Wednesday: Cardigan and Shirt - Avenue, Pants - Denim 24-7, Socks - Sock Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment