Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dream Capsule Wardrobe

So I joked about making Gwynnie Bee into your capsule wardrobe. Then I was looking through, adding stuff to my online "closet" and I started to ponder the ultimate capsule wardrobe made up of stuff you could get from them. Their top tier is 10 items at a time. They don't offer pants, so I'll spot myself a pair of black pants, bringing it up to 11 total garments.
Simply Be slim leg jeans in black

So the challenge to myself was could I create a good, workable capsule? And the answer was of course!

I settled on 2 skirts, 5 tops, 2 dresses, and 1 jacket. One of the best things about Gwynnie Bee that I haven't mentioned is that you can get items that have sold out. Like the yellow star tunic from Simply Be brand Angel Ribbons - this sold out in my size before it got to a price that I was willing to pay. Throw some scarves, necklaces and camisoles into this mix and you've got a wardrobe you could really do something great with. Plus a few really bright shoes and purses. :)


Inc seamed knit pencil skirt
Kiyonna "Riley" ruched skirt (this is a gray, not black)


ASOS Curve Wrap Top in Galaxy Print
Simply Be Ombre Floral Print Tunic

Angel Ribbons Star Tunic
Kiyonna "Sandy" Striped Top, Purple

Kiyonna "Lily" top, purple


Eloquii Tie Waist Batwing Dress
Inc Exotic Print Dress


Mynt 1792 "Morris Moto Jacket"

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by the idea of a capsule wardrobe! I particularly like the galaxy print top, ruched skirt and cheery yellow tunic - yellow has really been drawing my eye lately! :)