Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Don't make me thump you

Contrary to this picture, I don't actually have a lazy eye.
Yes, I have epaulettes on my shoulders. They designate my rank of Awesomeness. My necklace is for smacking the snot out of people who annoy me. The last few days it's been a large list. It's just been one of those weeks when everyone seems to be particularly annoying (especially everyone I talk to in the real world). Honestly, it's like people don't understand that introverts aren't always introverts just because they're shy. Sometimes we're shy AND we think that most other people are horrible and wrong. 
I'm laughing at you.

I'm actually going to see the Avengers tonight! It's been moved around and put off, but finally it's time for another Joss movie. All hail Joss Whedon! As a side note, I've been listening to The Polyphonic Spree on Spotify, and it is really strange to hear anyone but Kurt Cobain sing Lithium. It's even odder to watch the video. It's like....really happy crazed cult members who can sing fantastically. I sort of like the band more now. Hmm.


5 comments:

  1. I saw the Polyphonic Spree open for David Bowie... and then he let them come out for his encore. He graciously asked them to return their "dresses" to his wardrobe trailer. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL come to New York and beat you. Oh, wait, you're coming to us for Killy's birthday. I'll just beat you then.

      Delete
  2. I love the Avengers! :D The script was witty! Anyway, I like the studded detailing on your top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my day: "People don't understand that introverts aren't always introverts just because they're shy. Sometimes we're shy AND we think that most other people are horrible and wrong." I have to second that thought. :)
    Every time you wear that fantastically embellished cardigan, I get a severe case of cardigan envy. Epaulettes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epaulettes! I never don't like epaulettes. (Well, that's probably a lie, but we'll pretend.) Some days more than others it sure does feel like there are a whole lot of stupid people in the world, so it's nice to have the refuge of friends (online and IRL) to remind us that some folks aren't so bad.

    ReplyDelete