Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fractured Grandmothers



Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. My little Nana (tinier than my little Mama at only 4'11"!) fell and fractured her pelvis, and bruised/cut herself all over. So I've been spending some time in the hospital with her and my Mama. The moral of the story is: get lots of calcium, and don't fall down in a furniture-crowded room. She managed to smack her head both on the front right above her left eye and crack it open on the back at the crown. Also, no one can stand pain like a little grandmother. They asked her about her pain level (1 =  no pain and 10 = worst pain imaginable), and she calmly said that it didn't hurt if she stayed still, but otherwise it was about a 7. But she didn't really need any pain medication, thank you. !!!!! I would have taken anything and everything they gave me. But I guess after 7 children, you get used to your pelvis being yanked apart! I finally managed to convince her that Tylenol 3 wasn't a strong pain medication, and that when it hurt, she could ask for that. Side effect of being a tiny Nana, pain meds make her super loopy and strange.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Erin. That's horrible. Hugs to you and your Nana!

    ReplyDelete