Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fake Work Pants


So.  I have a job, an outside the house job.  I work at a circulation desk in a college library, and while this does lend itself somewhat to wearing jeans to work, I am not the most happy person while wearing jeans.  So I've worn skirts/dresses with leggings, and my few pairs of nice pants.  The thing is, I have a fairly deep hatred of "dressy" pants.  They do not fit me properly.  No, not even petites.  I am willing to acknowledge that there might be the perfect pant out there, but I have yet to find it.  The rise is always too long, resulting either in pants belted right under my chest or a crotch several inches below my own.  So, on to the fake work pants.  I like pants that are as comfy as pajamas (obviously this means either an elastic waistband or a drawstring).  Ponte knit boot cut pants by Denim 24/7 are my new fake work pants of choice.  Oddly, the gray pants are not as soft as the black pants, even after washing.  These pants do require a tunic top to cover the elastic waist.

1 comment:

  1. Look like dress pants from here! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete